Thursday, March 7, 2013

"Grey's Anatomy"


Grey’s Anatomy haiku:
Seattle Grace Dance
party Tequila McDreamy
McSteamy Nazi



The one thing I never admit is that I watch Grey's Anatomy. It's a total vanity thing.
I've realized that if people ever found out it is my guilty pleasure they'd use it as my Achilles heel.
So I'm announcing it on the Internet because I make total sense.
My reaction to questions about me watching Grey's. (Source)
I watch Grey's Anatomy for total pleasure. Judge me if you must. I can handle it.
There is something so great about the show. I cannot put it in words but there is. It draws me like a moth to a flame.
Shonda Rhimes is a genius. She deserves all the credit in the world.
Yes, the show revolves around Meredith Grey. Yes, she can get so obnoxious that if you saw her in real life you'd need to refrain from punching her.
How many shows can make you want to watch a main character like that? This show is able to. Damn you, Shonda Rhimes, damn you.
The show runs on tugging at your heart strings. There are so many episodes that make me cry. This is super embarrassing to admit.
I truly believe that’s one of the main draws to the show. How real the situations can be when it comes to seeing people in dire situations.
And then there’s the personal side of the show.
I love to watch this show for the personal lives of these surgeons. It's thrilling to see skilled people suck at life and personal relationships. It's even better that these at times silly characters can admit it.
The ensemble cast is fits perfectly. There have been actors who have come and gone, but somehow it's easy to look past this.
I love Yang, okay? (Source)
My personal hero is Christina Yang. This woman is cutthroat and ruthless. She shows no mercy to get what she wants.
It's nice to see a female character not be so whiny and irritating. Because let's be honest that's usually how it goes down for women on television shows.
Yang is the best part of the show hands down. And if you want to fight me on this, you will lose. Plain and simple.
And yes, there are a ton of hot guys on this show. Hot guys who have issues with relationships. How adorable.
Fair warning to people who are in the medical profession, or have family members in the medical profession- the show is not strong on accurate portrayals. My mom is a nurse. She has no problem throwing stones at the show's medical depictions because it sucks.
“Not one surgeon on this show wears glasses to protect against blood. This is ridiculous, I hate this show. We have to watch ‘E.R.’ because that is how medical shows should be.” This is what I deal with every time my mom watches Grey's.
I relive past seasons a lot through Netflix Instant. And I'll be honest, the first few seasons are the best. The rest aren't bad, but the earlier ones are just brilliant.
So if you want to waste time watching guilty pleasure episodes, this is the show to do it.
Infamous dance parties. (Source)

1 comment: